TNT Tag-Along Tours is a four-wheel driving adventure tour from Cairns to Cape York Peninsula finishing at Moreton Telegraph Station, Cape York.
The July 2014 tour will cover tracks such as The Creb track, The Starke, The Frenchman’s and The Old Telegraph Track up and back, weather and track accessibility permitting. We’ll drive river crossings such as the Daintree, Pascoe and Wenlock Rivers.
We avoid the general Development Road wherever possible, as the corrugations are harder on the cars than the toughest tracks. This also helps us avoid the idiots speeding to travel the Cape in a week, who completely disregard others on the road.
The greatest campsites in spectacular places will be yours to enjoy, thanks to your Tour Companions’ extensive local knowledge. You’ll also have the chance to fish in amazing places, walk breathtakingly beautiful beaches, and explore the best the Cape has to offer. It isn’t necessary to do three-four trips to see all this, just 4WD with us on our well-designed Tag-Along Tour.
Be assured that you don’t have to be a four-wheel driving expert to do our tours. We regularly have drivers very concerned about the tracks, their vehicles, and who’ve never been off the bitumen before touring with us. All our past tour participants have successfully driven the toughest tracks and returned home with no vehicle damage, a lifetime of adventure stories, and a few fishing tall tales too.
The main aim for our 4WD Tag-Along Tours is that you have the best 4WD experience travelling the toughest, most exciting tracks Cape York Peninsula has to offer.
- Very experienced, adventurous Tour Companions to guide and assist you through all tracks and crossings
- Comprehensive recovery gear and tools for basic bush repairs
- A water filtering system to pump drinking water from creeks
- All camping fees and Jardine River Ferry crossing fee
- Some (about 4) evening meals supplied. If the fishing’s great, we’ll have a few more opportunities for group meals.
- Most importantly- a sense of adventure. Our 4WD Tag-Along Tours suit people looking to have a great time whilst travelling some of the best parts of Australia
- RACQ membership in case you require their services
- Vehicle modifications- snorkel for water crossings, decent tyres (preferably all terrain or mud terrain)
- Adequate recovery points on your vehicle, front and rear
- A snatch strap with 2 x Shackles
You must be self-sufficient- have a camping fridge, all camping equipment that you will require (tent, swag etc.), food and beverages, cooking equipment. You need to carry drinking water (preferably 10-20L per person). Most of the creeks we camp at have drinkable water to replenish tanks and bathe in 5L of spare engine oil and 2lt of suitable automatic/ power steering fluid, spare fuel, oil and air filters.